Share interests and find companionship locally
The Enliven HomeShare service brings older people with shared interests together in the comfort of a host’s private home or suitable community facility.
Small groups get together for six hours at a time, to share a home cooked meal and conversation and to undertake activities decided on by the group. The service enables older people, who may be lonely and/or isolated, to socialise within their own communities.
Our HomeShare hosts are fully trained to support the needs of older people, in particular, those who may have special needs relating to memory loss. They also receive regular support from their local Enliven HomeShare service co-ordinator.
Who is this for?
- Any person aged 60 years or older, who is feeling lonely or isolated from their communities and either cannot access day programme facilities or who prefer small group settings
- Older people with special needs related to memory loss can find comfort in the small group setting of the Homeshare service
- Available in urban and rural locations
How HomeShare can help:
- Personalised, small group companionship in a private home
- Socialise with others with shared interests
- Take up old hobbies such as carpentry, craft, chess with others who share your passion
- Share a nutritious home-cooked meal and feel motivated to remain in good health
- Limited transport to and from the home is available for a small charge in some locations
- Visits last between 4.5 and six hours
Referrals and funding:
The Enliven HomeShare is offered for a small Koha (a donation) unless clients have no means to pay. Koha over $5 are tax deductible.
Referrals are essential.
Where to start:
- See below for your nearest Enliven Service Centre
- Contact the Service Centre to find a HomeShare service near you
If you are interested in becoming a host contact us today