Family Worker – East Community (Counsellor)
- Qualified Counsellor
- Based in East Christchurch
- Permanent Part-time (20 hours, Negotiable days)
- About the role
- In this role you will provide high quality, professional and time-framed support to the community with a primary focus on supporting older adults/kaumātua. This role requires a strong community focus and will lead opportunities for social connection for this demographic. This role is in collaboration with other agencies for referrals for elders with mental health needs but will also include intergenerational work and support for clients with a variety of needs.This role will include ACC sensitive claims work.What we can offer you
At Presbyterian Support we offer:
- Stimulating, challenging and rewarding work
- A motivated, experienced and creative team
- A safe, healthy and supportive working environment
- Flexible working policies
- Additional benefits such as Birthday Leave!
What we need from you
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Hold a counselling qualification and professional registration
- Passionate about supporting older people and their whanāu
- Have an openness to and enjoyment of differences in values, beliefs and cultural practices
- Demonstrated experience working with similar client base and an understanding of the range of opportunities and challenges influencing this group
- ACC sensitive claims accreditation or willingness and ability to achieve this within 12 months
- Be able to take responsibility, show initiative and is punctual and self-motivated
- Have a commitment to high quality of work and professionalism, and possess highly developed communication skills
- Who we are
- Presbyterian Support aims to create a better life for everyone. Our social services are focused on whakawhāngatanga and manākitanga (relationships and hospitality) to help to build safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. This includes supporting older people to maintain their wellbeing and positive social connections as they age and helping tamariki, teens and families to learn, grow and thrive.We have sites across the upper South Island covering the Tasman & Marlborough (Te Tau Ihu o te waka a Maui), West Coast (Poutini) and Canterbury districts (Ōtautahi & Hakatere).Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Please provide a cover letter and CV with your application.
Applications are made through Seek – you can view the listing here
Confidential enquiries are welcome to Vicki Lucas –firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry! Applications close Thursday 9th September.
Apply here with your CV and cover letter.
Click here to view and download a full position description.