Are you interested in joining the Enliven team at the Linwood Harakeke Club?
We seek a: Harakeke Club Coordinator
32 hrs, Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5pm – Fixed-term position until 31 March 2018
Enliven Positive Aging Services is a service arm of Presbyterian Support Upper South Island. The Harakeke Clubs provide friendly day activity programmes for people with memory loss and who may be socially isolated. The clubs place a special emphasis on enhancing the dignity wellbeing of Club members.
The Club provides an opportunity for caregivers to have some respite by engaging club members in purposeful and individualised activities which encourages a wellbeing and self-worth.
The role of Day Programme Coordinator is to co-ordinate with club staff an innovative and varied day programme aimed at fulfilling the identified needs of the members. This is a fixed-term position and it involves the supervision of day centre staff, volunteers and students on site.
The successful candidate should have experience in working with people with dementia and their families, along with:
- Experience of planning and facilitating activity programmes for older people is essential.
- Experience with staff supervision
- Experience working with people with older people and their families
- Experience in working with external agencies
- A Professional qualification, but other previous relevant experience considered
- Knowledge of relevant networks and resources.
At our workplace we offer:
- Stimulating, challenging and rewarding work
- A motivated, experienced and creative team
- A safe, healthy and supportive working environment
- The opportunity to contribute to strengthening communities and enhancing opportunities for families to be safe, strong & connected.
To apply: Please contact Megan Waddington at firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone: (03) 366 5472 to obtain an Application Form and a Job Description, or download one below.
Applications close on Friday 6 October 2017
Click here to view and download an application form.
Click here to view and download a full job description.