Creating a better life for generations to come
A bequest to Presbyterian Support Northern is a simple way to make a positive impact on future generations of Kiwis.
It’s also a personal way to make sure your values and beliefs live on to benefit others. Your gift will help create stronger communities and fund social services that make New Zealand the best place to raise children. Anyone can leave a bequest and whatever the size of your gift, it will make a positive difference.
If you’d like to discuss leaving a bequest or would like more information, please contact Suzanne Ward (09) 520 8628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries will be treated in confidence.
How to leave a gift
To leave a gift like this, you need to make a will. A solicitor or professional trustee can help make sure your wishes are clearly known. Once you have provided for your family and friends, we hope you will leave a gift to Presbyterian Support Northern – thank you!
Bequests can be made in a number of ways, for example:
- Residual: a gift from the remainder of your estate, after providing for your loved ones and settling any taxes and charges.
- Percentage: a specified percentage of your estate.
- Specific/ pecuniary: a specified amount of money, items of property, stocks or shares.
- Whole estate: an entire estate is usually left by someone without beneficiaries or who wants to achieve something very significant.
How your gift helps
Your bequest could be used long into the future for:
- counselling for children affected by family violence
- social work support to help families through tough times
- parenting programmes for mums and dads
- budgeting advice so people can manage their own finances.
Bequests “for general purposes” allow us to use gifts where most needed, but you can specify an area of our work that is of special interest to you if you wish.
A bequest in action
A bequest from the estate of John R. Lang funds “essentials” packs for women on their release from prison. The packs supplement our Out of Gate service, helping women reconnect with their community and make a fresh start.
For executors and solicitors
If you are helping someone prepare a will or add to their existing will, please use this wording:
“I give to Presbyterian Support Northern the sum of $XXX (or the residue of my estate, or a percentage of my estate) for its general purposes. I declare that the official receipt of Presbyterian Support Northern will be sufficient receipt and discharge for my trustees.”
Our Charities Commission number is CC21532.
What our supporters say
“I have been associated with Presbyterian Support Northern as a supporter over many years. I am particularly enthusiastic about the amazing work they are doing out in the community in so many ways”
“Through my bequest I am able to leave a tangible memorial to help Presbyterian Support Northern carry on their much-needed services.”